I love shortbread, I could eat it everyday if it didn’t make me put on weight! It would be classed as a miracle food and have its own slogan like ‘EAT IT, POOP IT, REPEAT~’. That would be funny, I’d give it a 10/10 just because of that XD.
Lots of people love shortbread, that’s why it is popular! My cousin was like ‘I don’t like shortbread’ and I was like ‘what? your crazy woman, CRAZY!’:D But hey! everyone is entitled to their own opinion! If everyone was the same we would be one boring population.
Okay! rant over.
This is a recipe I wanted to share with you all, because everyone deserves something naughty once in a while! Shhhh! I won’t tell if you won’t! 😉
This recipe makes 20-25 shortbread, depending on the size that you want them!
- Plain flour- 180g/6oz
- Caster sugar-80g/3oz
- Stork butter-125g/4-1/2oz
- Mixing bowl
- Rolling pin
- Table spoon
- Cookie Cutter
Preparation time: 30 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Wash hands well before you start cooking, you don’t want bacteria poisoning the treats.
- If you have long hair, then tie it up with a hairband to reduce the risk of hair in your short bread.
- Wear an apron (Recommended) to keep your clothes from getting dirty.
- Avoid coughing, sneezing and scratching your head around your cooking space bacteria will invade and your shortbread will sprout hair!
- Preheat the oven to 190c/375f/Gas 5
- Put the butter and sugar into the mixing bowl and beat with a spoon until it is light and fluffy. (Like fluffy clouds in the sky)
3. Then add the flour and stir well until it looks like a crumble that sticks together when compressed and forms a dough. Be careful to not leave clumps of butter otherwise the dough will be gooey.( If the mixture is gooey then add some more flour/If the mixture is too dry then consider adding more butter or 2 teaspoons of milk)
4. Sprinkle a hard, flat surface with flour then place your ball of dough in the center.(Be sure to have a clean space when following this instruction.)
5. With your rolling pin, flatten your dough so it is about half a centimeter thick.(Before you begin, sprinkle your dough with a pinch of flour as well as your rolling pin to stop your mixture from sticking to the pin.)
6. With your desired cookie cutter or knife, begin to cut out shapes. (Don’t be too rough, cookies have feeling too)
7. Place your soon to be shortbread cut outs onto a non greased tray.(They think they are going to Disney world, don’t tell them the truth!)
8. With a slender point of an object like a chop stick, you can create faces on your shortbread to give them….lets say character! So when you bite the head off that smiling shortbread, your sure to feel bad! XD
9. After customizing your naughty treats, sprinkle a teaspoon of sugar over them and place them in the oven and time them for 15 minutes or until they are golden brown.
(And now you wait…and wait…and wait…you know you want those shortbread biscuits…they are calling your name saying “EAT US!~ PLEASE~enter your name here! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO, WITH US BEING DELICIOUS AND ALL!~”)
10. When cooked, place the shortbread cookies onto a cooling rack to cool down (or plate if you don’t have a cooling rack)
11. ….You can probably guess what number 11 is right? Well let me give you a hint. It involves your shortbread and your desire to eat them because they smell amazing…
Go on. Have a shortbread, you deserve it after putting up with my nonsense!XD
Watch out guys…she is about….you might want to do a shortbread count.